by teddy bear | 5:41 PM in |


usually when we use I BEAM into our design , we just put it there ( on top of the column something like that ) to show its way of support. then will concentrated on design. what mean by design ? only design the form and layout ? actually not . design in term of structure also another important aspect to be consider.
structure is the basic and fundamental element for a building to stand. it give the sense of security to us. so , start design with structure is another good way to explore architecture I think.
for example , today I learnt there are 3 ways to put I beam on the column.
method B is the conventional and the simplest. only put it on top barely but the disadvantages is low aesthetic value for the whole structure as the I beam is expose to public
method C is the better way by extend the wall out a bit with the floor beam wider . as least now I beam is not expose to public but only can see in interior.
method A is the best way to hide the I beam as the bigger column on top is getting away the view of I beam from the eye level of human. in addition if we add on some decorative light on the column , shine up to the ceiling , it enhance the atmosphere and give a dramatic effect to your interior space.

0 comments:

counter

Chat here

Followers